Climate Camp Radio
Dissident Island Radio presents Climate Camp Radio 2009 - a series of live radio shows broadcast from camp...
Click here to download the sixth and final show - which went out live on Tuesday 1 September - featuring:
- Ollie on why we squatted Blackheath, land related struggles, the commons;
- Derek Wall on anti-capitalism;
- Richard from the camp Media Team telling us about all the activity of the day;
- Paul Morrozzo on the big question "Where next for Climate Camp?";
- Lyn on what we can learn from the Animal Rights struggle and some discussion on the criminalising of dissent;
- Live report backs from the actions on the streets;
- More excellent spoken word from Pete the Temp;
- AND FINALLY tunes from the climate camp gigs played by Al & the Dole Queue, Inner Terrestrials and LIVE music from Theo Bard with special guest Beth Stratford on accordion...
Click here to download the fifth show - the BICYCOLOGY show! - which went out live on Monday 31 August - featuring:
- the Bicycology crew on what their group is about, how it came together,what they get up to and why bikes are great;
- some talk on Bike generated power;
- a discussion on why the climate camp is vegan, and a food review of the dinner served on site that night;
- Live acoustic music from Al Baker (of Al & the Dole Queue) and Duncan Long;
- more on the Vestas Workers' struggle on why we should all get involved;
- AND surprise guests Seize the Day drop by to chow down and then play a tune for us!
Click here to download last night's broadcast - the fourth show - which went out live on Sunday 30 August - featuring:
- Danny, with a great bit of poetry;
- Robin, with the latest on the Vestas struggle;
- Natalie, on revealing the target of the big swoop;
- Folks from the space in Gillingham, nearby Kingsnorth;
- Martin, from Activist Trauma Support with some excellent advice on emotional first aid;
- other bits of audio from around the camp, and some quality tunes recorded off the Inner Terrestrial's gig at camp...
Click here to download the third show - which went out live on Saturday 29 August - featuring:
- a discussion with Dan and Dave on nuclear issues and planning direct action;
- Chris on the COP15, what it is, why and how people involved in social and
environmental justice issues should get involved in the actions being
- several folk from Mainshill Solidarity on why coal is crap;
- and finally, live and acoustic, the New Town Kings gave us a taste of ska they were about to perform on the camp main stage;
Click here to download the second show - which went out live on Friday 28 August - featuring:
- Mike from the Documentation Team on catching a candid climate camp for posterity;
- Lily from Plane Stupid reminiscing on the Stansted Airport action and reflections on direct action;
- Ben on reducing your carbon footprint;
- live acoustic tunes from musicians, Bruise;
- the WAG (Whitechapel Anarchist Group) and Martin, from Activist Trauma Support, clear the air on the 'incident' that happened day 1 of camp, when the police were on site and, well, were ushered off! We have a discussion on radical messages and 'liberal posturing';
- and finally, the Media team discuss the latest mainstream media coverage...
Click here to download the first show, which aired live on Thursday 27 August:
This show features interviews with the Legal and Media team of this year's camp, as well as some chat on the take of the camp site (the swoop!) from the cyclists' swoop group and two lovely folk from the Site Team, discussing all the hard work that is coming together to bring us a great camp infrastructure.
Click here to find out more about Dissident Island Radio...
Click here to find out more about Bicycology...
THANK YOU to everyone that helped make radio possible at this year's camp. You know who you are! Thank you to all the folks that were part of the show and well done to everyone that got involved this year and made the camp happen. It was good fun! And for those of you who want to get into radio stuff...get in touch with Dissident Island. We've got loads of exciting radio-related projects on the go!
[dissidentisland -at- riseup -dot- net]